Saturday, April 7, 2012

Debate Tournament 2012

Well, my last middle school debate was actually one of the most fun for me. I really enjoyed it. Megan and I did pretty great for the circumtances we were in. We were more prepared than ever this time, and extremely determined to get first place. Unfortunately we didn't get first, but we still did excellent. Megan and I got 6th place. I feel that we would have gotten higher if it weren't for the biased judge in round three and the bye we got in round one. The opposing side's partner showed up extra late, so the judge counted it as a forfiet. That was counted as a win for us, but it also meant that the points we got in round 2 and 3 would be averaged up to get the number of points we'd get in the first round. My partner and I did supercalifragilisticexpialadocious in rounds 2 and 3. I felt that we should've won both, but we only won the second. That's okay for me though, because in the third round we went against the top team, and the judge was biased. Megan and I are most definitely going to try for first when we are in highschool next year, so to those other schools' teams, THIS IS NOT OVER. Congrats to all the Spotsy kids that participated in the tournament!

No comments:

Photobucket
Myspace Graphics
Myspace Graphics
I have a challenge for you guys! Megan and I got through an HOUR STRAIGHT of this, how long can you last? You aren't allowed to stop watching, even for a fraction of a second. If you have to go to the bathroom, take your iPhone with you. If all fails, just turn the volume up loud enough so you can hear it. Comment on the Nyan Cat post and tell me how long you lasted!